Sameera,

What version of ntpd are you running?

Why are you using the 'true' keyword?

Do you understand what the iburst keyword does?

What is server1, an NTP server or a source of NTP pool names?

Why are you querying server1 for IPv4 and IPv6 separately?

Thanks...

"pool -4 server1 true minpoll 6 maxpoll 10 iburst"
"pool -6 server1 true minpoll 6 maxpoll 10 iburst"

I could see after 3rd request the very next 4th request is happening earlier than minpoll interval i.e 2^6 sec.

Is there a way to give proper command to follow min and max poll interval?

Kindly help

Regards
Sameera

--