Dear friends.
I am using function

constrOptim(c(0.5,0.3,0.5), fit.error, fit.error.grr, ui=-1*ui,ci=-1*ci)

and I am confronted with error message "initial value not feasible"

I plug in the initial value of (0.5,0.3,0.5) to function fit.error and
fit.error.grr and have pretty reasonable result. I inequality "ui %*% theta
- ci >= 0" as suggested in the R manual and it is satisfied. In case that
this is a typo of the manual, I let ui=-ui and ci=-ci and try constrOptim
again but the same warning message pops up.
Could you please point me a way out of this?

I am actually trying to translate a fortran code to R and the function I
want to replace is DBCPOL, which used 'the complex method" described in
Nelder and Mead (1965) and Gill et al. (1981). I believe contrOptim is
better than it because it is newer, is it?

Best Wishes
Yuchen Luo