I am trying to fit the chi-squared distribution to a set of data using the
fitdistr function found in the MASS4 library, the data set is called ONES3, I
have loaded it using the command

  ONES3<-read.table("ONES3.pdf",header=TRUE,na="NA")

  I print out the dataset ONES3 to the screen to make sure it has loaded

  Then I try to fit this data using the command fitdistr

   fitdistr(ONES3,"chi-squared")

  and it returns the comment

  Error in fitdistr(ONES3, "chi-squared") : 'x' must be a non-empty numeric
vector

  Can anybody help with this, I imagine it is a common mistake for beginners
like myself

audaces fortuna iuvat