Hello friends,

I loaded R 2.4.1 onto a Fedora Core 6 Linux box (taking all defaults).  Then
I ran these commands from within R:

options(CRAN="http://cran.stat.ucla.edu";)
install.packages(CRAN.packages()[,1])

As a new user of R, I was shocked when I finished loading R and discovered
the following message:

"There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)"

In addition to this, I saw errors such as this one:

"ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'PerformanceAnalytics'

What is this lazy loading?  More importantly, do I have to worry about all
these warnings?  I am intimidated by the idea that I have to go back and fix
each and every one in order to have a clean R update.  Shouldn't the update
with CRAN "just work?"  Or is there something really important that I am
missing?

Thanks all for your help.

A Lenzo