sorry to all:

I'm looking for a way to display the statistical links between
categories of observations and active variables (or characteristic
modalities).

SAPD call this "Description of Modalities" - procedure DEMOD which
statistically characterises each category of the dependent variable
with the categories of other variables. Finally the characteristic
modalities are arranged in descending order of statistical
significance.

Are there a package for this kind of analysis?

Thanks

> Dear Sirs,
>
> Is there a way to make  in R a variable modalities characterisation by
> the modalities of other categorical variables?
>
> Usually I do this task in SPAD. The output are:
>
> column 3 --  modality %  in the class
> column 4 -- modality  % in the population
> column 5 -- class % in the modality
>
> suppose:
>                  Variable A (two modalities: A1 and A2) dependent
> variable
>                  Variable B (two modalities: B1 and B2) independent
> variable
>
> variable A - modality A1
>
> Variable---------Modality-------- column 3-------- column 4 ---- column
> 5 ---- chi-squared ---- p-value
> A                               A1                         100
>         67.45             40.87                2
> 0,00
> B                               B2                         56
>          23                    45                     1.8
>        0,00
>

> variable A -- modality A2
>
> Variable---------Modality-------- column 3-------- column 4 ---- column
> 5 ---- chi-squared ---- p-value
> A                               A2                         100
>         57.45             30.28                3
> 0,00
> B                               B1                         38
>          32                    25                     2.3
>        0,00
>

> Have a nice night
> Thanks a lot
> Jorge

Abraços,

Jorge Manuel de Almeida Magalhães

        [[alternative text/enriched version deleted]]