Hello,

This is not the appropriate mailing list. Use R-devel for questions about C, etc ...

One thing that might help you is the inline package.

require( inline )
fx <- cfunction( signature( s = "numeric" ), '

  SEXP result;
  PROTECT(result = NEW_NUMERIC(1));
  double* ptr=NUMERIC_POINTER(result);
  double t = *REAL(s);
  double u = t-floor(t)-0.5;
  if(u>0) *ptr=-1+4*u; else *ptr=-1-4*u;
  Rprintf("The value is %f", *ptr);
  UNPROTECT(1);
  return result;
', verbose = TRUE )
fx( 10 )

The verbose = TRUE argument will show you how inline runs the show.

Romain