On 22/06/2010 9:14 AM, jim holtman wrote:
Just put the code in yourself; use 'cat' with a test to print every
'n' iterations.  You can also check out the 'winProgressBar' in the
plyr package.

In Windows (and other GUIs?) console output is buffered, so by default the results won't appear until the end. However, you can change this; in Windows you use the Misc | Buffered output menu item (or Ctrl-W), or make a call to flush.console() as Henrique showed.

Duncan Murdoch