Your question is really vague and it is hard to guess what you are after. And the possible answer is that a huge variety of methods exist, all designed for specific questions (that you did not specify). How about fourier transform?

?fft()

Or SSA?

library(simssalabim)

Or the Hewitt test?

I would advice you to read some introductory text on time series analysis and try to get a clearer picture of your problem. And then decide for a technique and chances are high that it is implemented in R

Jannis

vikrant schrieb:
I have a hourly time series and I am interested in finding presence of
seasonality in this data. I know one method of finding seasonality using
autocorrelation function(ACF). But I dont want to use any graphical
technique. I want to know is there any theorotical method using R which can
be helpful ? Also the method should give  period of seasonality.

Thanks, Vikrant