On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:35 AM, szisziszilvi wrote:

I am using persp to get a plot of a 32x48 matrix.
data <- as.matrix(read.table(file="mySample.dat"))
persp(data)

And I'm having trouble with trying to give a z-dependent palette to it like rainbow (or any built in one would do). How to combine that with the "col"
argument?

Have you made the effort to work through the examples on the help page? The fourth example shows exactly how to do what you are requesting.

nice day
Szilvi

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT