Thank you, Henrik! That makes more sense now.
You mentioned that every double value needs 8 bytes. So, in R, how many
decimal point, or any number smaller than, say 10^4 are considered as double
value ? (Sorry I don't have any C or Java language background, and couldn't
find it for R. )

I appreciate your explanation and helps!