Hi,

I need to generate some figure using the Arial font as a requirement for
PLoS.
Following their guidelines, I have converted the windows font files
arial.tff files to .afm using tff2afm (exec file from MikTeX), but when I
try to generate a postcript file, the postcript device does not recognize
the .afm files.

The code I use to test the new font is the following:

postscript(file="try.ps", horizontal=F,
onefile=F,
width=4, height=4,
family=c("C:/MyDoc/arial.afm",
"C:/MyDoc/arialbd.afm",
"C:/MyDoc/ariali.afm",
"C:/MyDoc/arialbi.afm"),
pointsize=12)
hist(rnorm(100))
dev.off()
And I get the warnings:
In postscript(file = "try.ps", horizontal = F, onefile = F,  ... :
  unknown AFM entity encountered
 Is there another way to convert .tff files into .afm on Windows, or any
other way to use Arial in pdf/postcript on Windows?

Thank you very much,

Agnes