Unless you can be more specific, for the 'pattern recognition' part I can only
recommend you to take a look to the CRAN task views on Machine Learning,
Clustering, Multivariate Statistics, and Finance.  For the 'real time' part, I
think it is fair to say that it is hard to get anything done in pure R at high
frequency trading speeds, but Jeff Ryan has some examples in the iBrokers
package documentation that   show how to do a best-effort implementation in
pure R.