On Feb 2, 2011, at 8:22 AM, Ben Bolker wrote:

Ramya <ramya.victory <at> gmail.com> writes:

I have the code for the density plot
j <- 8
plot(density(diff_in_sample[,1]), main = list.files()[j])
for(i in 1:25){
lines(density(diff_in_sample[,i]))
}

This gives me an error
Error in density.default(diff_in_sample[, i]) :
 'x' contains missing values

[snip]

?NA

lines(na.omit(density(diff_in_sample[,i])))

I don't know if that will work, but since Bolker wrtote it, it's got a reasonable probability of being correct code. I generally use the na.rm argument inside the density function rather than na.omit wrapped around it.

lines(density(diff_in_sample[,i], na.rm=TRUE))

Although if there are a lot of NA's then the registration of the lines results are going to be way off from the original plot axis.

--
David.

Consider replacing the loop by apply() [no efficiency
gain, but more compact code]

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT