Dear List,

Let's say I have a list whose components are 2 matrices (as exemplified in
the "mylist" object below). I'd like to create a list with components being
4 matrices based on an logical index vector. is there a way to simplify what
I'm doing to obtain the results in "mylist2"? I'd like something that would
work on an arbitrary number of elements in "mylist".

mylist <- list(matrix(1:9,3,3), matrix(10:18,3,3))
index1 <- c(TRUE,FALSE,TRUE)
index2<- c(FALSE,TRUE,TRUE)
mylist2 <- list(mylist[[1]][,index1],
                      mylist[[1]][,index1==FALSE],