> You can also save a data (or function) object to an .Rdata file with
> save(objname, file="filename.Rdata")  and your colleagues could then
> load("filename.Rdata") in R.

Thanks for the responses. I found an old post by Gabor Grothendieck that
shows what I want. Basically the trick is to save the displaylist to an
object:

dev.control(displaylist="enable") # enable display list
plot(1:10)
myplot <- recordPlot() # load displaylist into variable

You can now store myplot and later fetch it and play it back via

print(myplot)