Hello dear subscribed Users,

this is my first post, so please forgive me for any inconveniences.

The following problem: I have a dataframe containing a factor column.
For each column i would like to compare means as parted by the factor. Using the normal t.test function I have already achieved my goal. But i think, that for my original data, a permutational t.test would be better suited. Herein lies the problem. Whereas i can specify the factor as group parting in the formular expression I am not able to do this with perm.t.test() from deducer. Have fun with this trivial undergraduate problem.

Code:

c(rep("A", 5), rep("B", 5))->Faktor

matrix(rnorm(100, mean=20, sd=4), nrow=10, ncol=10)->M

colnames(M) <- c("species1","species2", "species3","species4","species5","species6","species7","species8","species9", "species10")

###Conventional T-Test to test for differences of each species per factor

lapply(
  M, function(x)
  t.test(x~ Faktor)
  )

###Trying it for perm.t.test without the helpful formular expression. Does not work

lapply(
  M, function(x)
  perm.t.test(subset(M, Faktor=="A"),
              subset(M, Faktor=="B"))