On Sep 28, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Samir Benzerfa wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've got a question concerning missing values in R.

I'm looking for an R code which removes all NA values in my data.frame. I found many answers about how to remove rows or columns which contain NA's. My problem however is a bit different. I have a list of vectors. Each vector contains some NA Values that I want to remove. So, at the end all vectors
will have different dimensions.

Then it will no longer be a data.frame.

My final goal is to apply a function(x) to
all of the vectors.

If the function has an na.rm= argument tha tyou cna set to TRUE, it may not be necessary to do all of this.

Any hints how to do this? Should I change the
class=data.frame of my list of vectors? Below I made a simple example how my
table looks like and how my result should look like.

lis.tbl <- lapply(tbl, function(x) x[!is,na(x)] )

You can then use lapply to get your results from your function:

yourres <- lapply(lis.tbl, yourfunc)

My table:

               V1          V2

1             1.2          2.1