*Dear experts,*

Please excuse me for disturbing... Right now I am struggling with GLM a
bit... Would you be so kind to provide me a solution on using nuisance
variables. The problem is that I have data on Depression (volumetric
measurements of different brain regions) and I want to include age, gender
and education as nuisance parameters in the model. In the other words I
would like to model the model depression scores in respect to volumes,
considering the mentioned variables as nuisance ones.

Could you please tell me if this is correct (example data = "iris"):

Let's say, I want to "explain" Sepal.Length (independent variable) by
Sepal.Width (dependent one) considering Petal.Width and Species as nuisance
variables... Therefor my code should be:

try = glm(Sepal.Length~Sepal.Width - Petal.Length - Species, data=iris);

 Sorry if it looks stupid... But I didn't manage to find any information on
nuisance variables in R...
--
*Best Regards,*
*Alexander Lebedev*

Stavanger University Hospital, Dept. of Psychiatry,
4011,  Armauer Hansens vei 20,
Stavanger, Norway.
researcher