Thanks Oldrich and Max,

I have some more queries.
If I need to train svm() with only one instance I get the following error:
Error in if (any(co)) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
Will it be wiser if I duplicate the instance with minute changes in the values,
or there is some other way to overcome this trouble.

Second is, if I remove the similar columns from the training dataset I would
also have to remove the same columns from the test dataset, right?

Regards,
Soumyadeep

Oldrich Kruza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello Soumyadeep,

Principal Component Analysis tells you which linear combinations of
your features are most relevant. So it's not really feature selection.
If you want to use PCA, then you have to transform your data so that
in each column, there's the linear combination that PCA chose. I think
you have to do that yourself and I have no experience with using PCA
myself.

I have no experience with or knowledge about Singular Value
Decomposition whatsoever, so I'm afraid I can't provide any insight
into that.

~ Oldrich