On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, David Winsemius wrote:

I don't see a data= argument specified, so you are telling lm() that your
workspace has individual vectors by those names in the formula. That is
not what is implied by hte rest of your message.

David,

  That's because I attached the data frame before running the model.

  However, looking again at the scatter plots of the individual predictor
variables
with the response variable answered my question after I posted it. There are
no patterns to the relationships in these scatter plots so there's nothing
to model. I became caught up in the repetitive processing for all these data
and stopped really seeing what was in front of me.

My apologies to the list,

Rich