It will call recover() for each warning.  When you exit recover()
the code continues on.  This is handy if you expect the first warning
or two but are curious about the third.   I'd expect that you could
reset options(warning.expression=NULL) when in recover() so
that recover() would not be called at the remaining warnings.

> options(warning.expression=quote(recover()))
> f <- function() {
+     warning("Hmmm")
+     retval <- c(1,2) + c(5,6,7)
+     warning("Really?")
+     retval
+ }
> f()

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: f()
2: #2: warning("Hmmm")
3: #2: .signalSimpleWarning("Hmmm", quote(f()))
4: #2: withRestarts({
5: #2: withOneRestart(expr, restarts[[1]])
6: #2: doWithOneRestart(return(expr), restart)

Selection: 0

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: f()
2: #3: .signalSimpleWarning("longer object length is not a multiple of shorter
object length", quote(c(1, 2) + c(5, 6, 7)))
3: #3: withRestarts({
4: #3: withOneRestart(expr, restarts[[1]])
5: #3: doWithOneRestart(return(expr), restart)

Selection: 1
Called from: .signalSimpleWarning("longer object length is not a multiple of
shorter object length",
    quote(c(1, 2) + c(5, 6, 7)))
Browse[1]> options(warning.expression=NULL)
Browse[1]> # hit control-D
Browse[1]>

Enter a frame number, or 0 to exit

1: f()
2: #3: .signalSimpleWarning("longer object length is not a multiple of shorter
object length", quote(c(1, 2) + c(5, 6, 7)))
3: #3: withRestarts({
4: #3: withOneRestart(expr, restarts[[1]])
5: #3: doWithOneRestart(return(expr), restart)

Selection: 0
[1] 6 8 8
Warning message:
In f() : Really?

I think you could also use tryCatch(warning=function(e)...) to only call
recover() at certain types
of warnings, perhaps by examining the text in conditionMessage(e).

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com