All:

I am using RSqlite and want to be able to update individual values in a
record, such as with this simple example:

library(RSQLite)
drv<-dbDriver("SQLite")
con<-dbConnect(drv,"test.db")
my.data<-data.frame(countries=c("US","UK","Canada","Australia","NewZealand"),vals=c(52,36,74,10,98))
dbWriteTable(con,"testtable",my.data)
q<-dbReadTable(con,"testtable")

   countries vals
1         US   52
2         UK   36
3     Canada   74
4  Australia   10
5 NewZealand   98

So, say, I want to change the value for NewZealand to '21' from '98'

I've tried something like this:

sql<-"UPDATE testtable SET vals=21 WHERE countries='NewZealand'"
dbBeginTransaction(con)
dbGetPreparedQuery(con,sql) <========== I get an error here
dbCommit(con)

using a different example for an INSERT command using a data frame 'data',
this construct is accepted:

dbGetPreparedQuery(con,sql,bind.data=data)

What do I need to do differently to use the UPDATE command?

Regards,
Tom

--

Thomas E Adams