On 14.04.2012 00:24, Katharine Miller wrote:
Hi,

I have some C++ code that I compiled into a dll for use in 32 bit R and
would like to recompile for use in 64bit R.  I thought it would be as easy
as going to R-2.15.0\bib\x64 and running R CMD SHLIB mfregRF.c

Is this Windows?

1. If so, is your OS 64-bit? Otherwise that R won't run for you.
2. Do you have the latest toolchain first in your PATH?
3. Do yo follow the details of the most recent version of the R Installation and Administration manual?

Uwe Ligges

  but that doesn't do anything.  It doesn't give me any error messages, but
it also doesn't create a shared (so) file. I just get the command prompt
back.

  I also tried \bin\x64 R CMD SHLIB - help, and again got nothing but the
command prompt back.

Just to check, I ran R CMD SHLIB from \bin\i386 on the same C++ files and
it produced a working dll just like usual.

Is there something that I need to do to the C++ files to make them
compatible with 64 bit?  They are not file that I made, so I do not know
how they were originally compiled.

Thanks for any help.

- Katharine