On 17.04.2012 14:35, Unger, Kristian, Dr. wrote:
Thanks Petr. Unfortunately this does not help.

In that case, we need a reproducible example.

Uwe Ligges

Kristian

Am 17.04.2012 um 14:18 schrieb Petr PIKAL:

Hi

Hi there

is it possible that pdfs generated using the pdf() function with default

settings leads to loss of information? I was plotting copy number
changes
from Agilent 180k data in form of rectangles (rect()) while each
rectangle
represents one region of copy number change. When plotting into a pdf I
noticed that some very small rectangles do not appear (even after
extensive zooming) in the pdf using the pdf() function. But they do when

writing the screen output into a pdf using the GUI. Does anyone have
some
advice on this how I can plot pdfs without losing information?

I am not sure if it has something to do with dingbats but you could try
it.

Set

useDingbats=FALSE

in you pdf call.

Regards
Petr

Best wishes

Kristian

R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8/C/de_DE.UTF-8/de_DE.UTF-8

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] CGHregions_1.12.0 CGHcall_2.14.0    CGHbase_1.12.0    marray_1.32.0
[5] limma_3.10.3      Biobase_2.14.0    DNAcopy_1.28.0    impute_1.28.0

[1] tools_2.14.0

________________________________

Arbeitsgruppenleiter Integrative Biologie / Head of Integrative Biology
Group
Abteilung für Strahlenzytogenetik / Research Unit of Radiation
Cytogenetics

Tel.: +49-89-3187-3515

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671