On 23/04/12 09:36, Axel Urbiz wrote:
Dear List,

I built a package under both Mac and Win 7 (both on R 2.12.0) . One of the
functions in the package is set up to print a status message using the code
below:

  if (verbose)
       if ((i %% 10) == 0&&  i<  ntree) message( "", i, "out of", ntree,
"trees so far...")

This works perfectly on the Mac. However, on Win 7 the message is not
printed while the function is executing, but all when it finished running.
Any hint what might be the issue?

This has something to do with the Windoze system not (by default)
"flushing the buffer".  This behaviour can be changed, but I forget
the details.  I don't use Windoze.  A bit of searching/googling should
lead you fairly quickly to the appropriate procedure for re-setting
the behaviour.

HTH

    cheers,

        Rolf Turner