On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Ramon Ovelar wrote:

I don't think I have touched at anything at all. I'm very newbie to R and to be honest I don't know what "Ramdom.seed" is. I will try to find out.

I have seen other messages about "restoring random.seed", but in order to
check that the problem is really that I have used some "Viewing data"
commands. The error says, in Spanish, that ".Random.seed is not an integer vector but a list" (.Random.seed no es un vector de números enteros pero es
de tipo 'list')

class(.Random.seed)
[1] "data.frame"

That _is_ a problem. It _should_ be an integer atomic vector, although it appears to be the correct length (at least is the same as my .Random.seed which has the same leading entry, 403, as yours) and it appears to be all integers. Something you have done or some program has done has altered the default value. It is possible that this problem assignment has been saved in your (invisible) .Rdata file.

It is generally a bad idea to do anything to .Random.seed, but I don't see any harm at this point in trying this:

.Random.seed <- unlist(.Random.seed)

(... and then trying to install ggplot2)

That should get rid of the 'data.frame' attribute. I would also track down your .Rdata file and maybe also your .Rhistory file and delete them. You will need to learn how to do this in a Terminal session or you will need to learn how to display invisible files in Finder.app. The archives of the SIG-Mac list will have instructions.

--
David.

str(.Random.seed)
'data.frame': 626 obs. of  1 variable:
$ .Random.seed: num 4.03e+02 1.00e+01 -1.28e+09 -1.40e+09 -1.06e +09 ..
head(.Random.seed)
 .Random.seed
1          403
2           10