Hello everyone,

I want to get a 1km by lkm grid raster image using my csv data. If I call
latitude=a, longitude=b and preciptation=c.

a<-(1,2,3,4,5)
b<-(6,7,8,9,10)
c<-(10,20, 30,40, 50)

Then I found an example in r help which goes like

pts = read.table("file.csv",......)
library(sp)
library(rgdal)

proj4string(pts)=CRS("+init=epsg:4326") # set it to lat-long
pts = spTransform(pts,CRS("insert your proj4 string here"))
gridded(pts) = TRUE
r = raster(pts)
projection(r) = CRS("insert your proj4 string here")

Because I am new to R, I have no idea what to put into the proj4 string and
all that. Can anyone help me on this? If there is a different way of doing
this, that is also fine.

Kind Regards,

Belay