Hi:

Yesterday I downloaded R and got it up and running on my PC without a
hitch, not so when I tried to do the same on my Mac powerbook, using
Mac OSX: version 10.4.11..  I have virtually no experience, so I
can't tell what exactly went wrong.

At first it appeared that the software loaded correctly, it seemed
like I was able to install R , and  I even successfully unpacked
the   package 'scatterplot3d' and was able to run some rudimentary
commands.

However, I did not get a graphics window  when I tried to follow the
same sequence of commands (following a tutorial) that worked on my
PC-- basically everything worked except for the actual plot command:

 > plot(x,y)

I did this in the command mode in a terminal window, but no graphics
window came up.

Can you please advise? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Sophia