Have you looked at aquamacs? (emacs for the mac).
its at aquamacs.org.

albyn

On 2012-09-26 17:48, Steven Wolf wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've recently moved from using a windows machine to a Mac (some might
call it an upgrade, others not…I'll let you be the judge).  Once I
started using Notepad ++ on my windows machine, I really began to like it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the free text editor options are
for the Mac (Notepad ++ is windows only).  I've dabbled with Linux
before and used Emacs/ESS there. However, I seem to remember fighting
pretty hard to make that work and the OSX file structure isn't that
intuitive to me yet.  (For example, where is my .emacs file?)

What text editors are best for the Mac, keeping in mind that I'm
probably going to use them via the command line interface (e.g. X11 or
Terminal).

Thanks!
-Steve