hie all

i am trying to carry out a categorical data analysis but my problem is that
when in i use the chi squared  test some of my  expected values are less than
5. is there a  test that can handle this situation. the data is not a 2*2
table. its more from the social sciences where you have from strongly agree to
strongly disagree. i know i can collapse vthe tables but there is a loss of
information . is the a test vthat i can for this kind of data.
thanks in advancde.

ray