On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:43, Bert Gunter <gunter.ber...@gene.com> wrote:

> Hadley:
>
> I don't think this is appropriate. Think of what it would be like if everyone
> shilled their R training and consulting wares here.

Echoing others, this seems an accepted practice on the lists, endorsed at least
in one instance by Peter Dalgaard:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2011-November/295496.html.

Similarly,  Dirk has sent brief announcements for Rcpp training on the Rcpp
list: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.rcpp/2334 I believe on
R-SIG-HPC as well, but I don't have a link handy.

List moderators will -- and have -- stepped in when it gets spammy:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.hpc/1338

Michael