On 17.05.2013 12:57, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
On 13-05-16 9:56 PM, Seth Myers wrote:
Let's say I would like to look inside the function corBrownian in library
(ape).  When I type in the function name I get the following, which is
not
nearly the detail that goes into this function.  I am wondering how to
begin cracking this function open (and others) so I can learn more
about it
and perhaps code my own corClass one day.  Thanks.

corBrownian
function (value = 1, phy, form = ~1)
{
     if (!inherits(phy, "phylo"))
         stop("object \"phy\" is not of class \"phylo\"")
     attr(value, "formula") <- form
     attr(value, "fixed") <- TRUE
     attr(value, "tree") <- phy
     class(value) <- c("corBrownian", "corPhyl", "corStruct")
     value
}
<environment: namespace:ape>

That's it.  Why do you think something is missing?

I guess the OP is wondering about printed or plotted output and should look into the corresponding print or plot methods, but then, we need some more information to be able to help here.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

Duncan Murdoch