Hi Colin,

The GAMLSS package allows modelling of the response variable distribution
using either Exponential family or non-Exponential family distributions.
It also allows modelling of the scale parameter
(and hence the dispersion parameter for Exponential family distributions)
using explanatory variables.
This can be important for selecting mean model terms
and is particularly important when interest lies in the variance and/or
quantiles
of the response variable.

Robert Rigby

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo