Thank you very much for the hints. I fixed the problem.

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:08 PM, Kevin Wright <kw.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Read the help page for both and pay particular attention to the "scale"
argument.

Kevin Wright

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM, capricy gao <capri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a huge dataset(15k X 18) and tried to use the heatmap in R to examine
the patterns. However, I found that heatmap and heatmap.2 gave me completely
different outputs.

>Here are the codes:
>
>------------
>
>> dim(as.matrix(data.dcpm))
>[1] 15462    18
>>
>> heatmap(as.matrix(data.dcpm), col=topo.colors(100))
>> heatmap.2(as.matrix(data.dcpm), col=topo.colors(100), key=TRUE,
>> density.inf="none",trace="none", scale="none")
>-------
>
>The outputs are attached here.
>
>Could anyone help me figure out why?
>
>Thanks a lot:)