Hi,

I am reading the source code of rpart. I have problems understand the following
code and would appreciate for any helps. In rpart.s, there is a line:

rpfit <- .C(C_s_to_rp,
            n = as.integer(nobs),
            nvarx =
as.integer(nvar),
            ncat =
as.integer(cats* !isord),
            method=
as.integer(method.int),

as.double(unlist(controls)),
            parms =
as.double(unlist(init$parms)),
            as.integer(xval),
            as.integer(xgroups),
            as.double(t(init$y)),
            as.double(X),

as.integer(!is.finite(X)), # R lets Infs through
            error = character(1),
            wt = as.double(wt),
            as.integer(init$numy),
            as.double(cost),
            NAOK=TRUE)

Is this line calling the rpart.c function? If so, what was sent to rpfit? I am
confused because rpart.c only returns an integer, not an object. The following
is the rpart.c function:

int rpart(int n,  int nvarx, Sint *ncat, int method,  int
maxpri,  double *parms,  double *ymat,  FLOAT *xmat, Sint
*missmat, struct cptable *cptable, struct node
**tree,            char
**error,   int *which, int xvals,     Sint
*x_grp,    double *wt,     double *opt, int
ny,  double *cost)

Thanks!