Grant,

Assuming all your filenames are something like file1.txt,
file2.txt,file3.txt... And using the Mac OSX terminal app (after you cd to
the directory where your files are located...

This will strip off the 1st lines, that is, your header lines:

for file in *.txt;do
sed -i '1d'${file};
done

Then, do this:

cat *.txt > newfilename.txt

Doing both should only take a few seconds, depending on your file sizes.

Cheers!
Tom