plot.tile.list() expects its argument to be of class tile.list, and to have an
attribute "rw", both of which are not conserved after subsetting. You can do ...

if (!require(deldir)) {
  install.packages("deldir")
  library(deldir)
}
x <- rnorm(10)
y <- rnorm(10)
del <- deldir(x, y)
tl <- tile.list(del)

tl2 <- tl[1:4]
class(tl2) <- "tile.list"
attr(tl2, "rw") <- attr(tl, "rw")
plot.tile.list(tl2)  # or just plot(tl2)

BUT!
This doesn't really make sense because you are just "randomly" plotting some
tiles from the full triangulation, not plotting a triangulation with less
points. That would be:

plot(tile.list(deldir(x[1:4], y[1:4])))

Cheers,
B.