I�m struggling a bit with learning about POSIX objects to do some basic things
with objects of this class. Suppose I have the following simple example

times <- c("03:20", "29:56", "03:30", "21:03", "56:26")

aa <- strptime(times, "%M:%S�)

I can do means, and some other basic things, but I cannot correlate the objects
with some other variable

cor(aa, rnorm(5))

Also, for purposes of a user-interface I have built with shiny, I need for the
time to be viewed as simply as minutes:seconds, such as this

format(aa, '%M:%S�)

But of course after doing this I lose the ability to work with this object as a
time variable.

Thank you
Harold