I'm running into a road block here and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
 I need to skip over the link if the text equals postseason.  The text is in
the second li in the xpaths below in my code. I tried li[not(.,"postseason")]
as I thought that is what I needed to exclude the postseason link but it
doesn't work. This link will show you an example of want I want to exclude
under standard batting > game logs > postseason
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml place this
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml in playerURLs and
you should season the postseason link returned.  How can I skip over the
postseason link?  Thanks! #GET YEARS PLAYED LINKS

yplist = NULL

playerURLs <-
paste("http://www.baseball-reference.com",datafile17[,c("hrefs")],sep="")

for(thisplayerURL in playerURLs){