Dear R help,

This is rather a basic question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere
else.

When I run a model such as lm/aov(height~var1) where var 1 is a categorical
variable with 6 levels, I get output that shows some significant parameters and
other non significant. Normally I would then proceed to simplify the model by
removing the insignificant terms, however, I have recently begun to wonder if
that should be standard practice or whether the full model output (not reduced
by simplification) has more integrity and should be retained?

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

Thanks,

Lizzie