Dear Shouro,

I can confirm that I have installed GDAL (and RGDAL) on CentOS 6.4, 6.5,
and 6.6.

But quite frankly, these systems have such old versions of software that
I spent a fair amount of time compiling everything up from tar.gz.

This is exhausting, so I spent some time learning NetBSD's pkgsrc--and
now recommend this wonderful package manager to anyone caught in a
situation where they don't have root privileges, but need to bring an old CentOS to have modern versions of software and all its dependencies.

Best regards,
Eric

Shouro Dasgupta <sho...@gmail.com> writes:

Dear all,

I have access to an IBM IDataplex Cluster with CentOS v.6.2. R 3.2.1 is currently installed. I was wondering if there was any way to install RGDAL
on it? Thanks!

Sincerely,

Shouro