See this link for the function varEntryDialog() itself:
http://www.r-bloggers.com/user-input-using-tcltk/

Ivan

Le 12/10/15 15:57, Ivan Calandra a écrit :
Dear Nick,

You might find the function varEntryDialog() useful:
http://www.r-bloggers.com/user-input-using-tcltk-2/

HTH,
Ivan

--
Ivan Calandra, PhD
University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne

Le 12/10/15 15:33, nicholas.w...@ntlworld.com a écrit :
Hi I am sure that there is a command in R which tells the prog to wait until you have input a value for a variable, but for the life of me I can't find it. Searches on the net only seem to talk about inputting datasets etc, not about real time single inputs. I'd be most grateful if anyone could point me in the
right direction

Thanks, Nick Wray