Hello,

Is there a way to avoid the warning below in dplyr. I’m performing an operation
within groups, and the warning says that the factors created from each group do
not have the same levels, and so it coerces the factor to character. I’m using
this inside a package I’m developing. I’d appreciate your recommendation on how
to handle this.

library(dplyr)

set.seed(4)
df <- data.frame(pred = rnorm(100), models = gl(2, 50, 100, labels =
c("model1", "model2")))

create_bins <- function (pred, nBins) {
  Breaks <- unique(quantile(pred, probs = seq(0, 1, 1/nBins)))
  bin <- data.frame(pred = pred, bin = cut(pred, breaks = Breaks,
include.lowest = TRUE))
  bin
}

res_dplyr <- df %>% group_by(models) %>% do(create_bins(.$pred, 10))
Warning message:
  In rbind_all(out[[1]]) : Unequal factor levels: coercing to character

Thank you,
Axel.