Prof Brian Ripley,

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Philip Rhoades wrote:

People,

It appears that one has to use Imperial measurements in plot parameters? I can't find any info on using metric units . .

In package grid you can use several different units.

When I search the R site for "grid" I get:

"Package ‘grid’ was removed from the CRAN repository"

In base graphics there are a very few par()s that use inches (and I am pretty sure that comes from the US unit as used in S, not the 'Imperial' one -- see e.g. Wikipedia). But those are rarely used.

This is a bit confusing - as far as I can see, ALL the pars use inches? I understand the US effect but shouldn't Metric units be supported directly?

Also most graphics devices are dimensioned in inches with resolutions in dpi.

Function cm() might help you.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]