Erik Iverson wrote:
Hello -

I'm trying to use Hmisc's latex function to produce a postscript file of a data.frame, using the longtable = TRUE option. When I run, for example,

## sample R code
dvips(latex(data.frame(a = rnorm(100), b = rnorm(100)),
            longtable = TRUE), file = "test.ps")

latex runs successfully and a test.ps file is produced. However, I see the following in the output that the latex command sends to the R buffer.

Package longtable Warning: Column widths have changed
(longtable)                in table 1 on input line 121.

Package longtable Warning: Table widths have changed. Rerun LaTeX.

And the resulting test.ps file has the column headings not aligned (in my real life example, there are other misalignments).

To resolve this, I am currently going into the /tmp/Rtmp****/ directory where the .tex files are created by the dvi.latex function, and rerunning latex on the appropriate file****.tex file.

Is there any thing I'm missing that would make this easier?

Thanks,
Erik Iverson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

longtable requires two passes at the LaTeX code to finish the job. If you use

m <- latex(..., file='my.tex')

and \include{my} in a master document, you can run latex twice on the master to get the desired result.

Frank