There is no internationalization of help pages, only of messages.

Best,
Uwe

On 30.07.2017 21:51, David Winsemius wrote:

On Jul 30, 2017, at 8:25 AM, Uwe Ligges <lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

On 30.07.2017 17:22, Milan Cisty wrote:
Dear all,
I appreciate suggestions for following problem. I wrote to RStudio:
plot(c(1,20),c(1,20), xlab = expression(paste(alfa)))
or the same happen when I wrote:
plot(c(1,20),c(1,20), xlab = expression(alfa))

Write "alpha", not "alfa".

To Misty;

This makes me wonder if the internationalization of the R documentation is overly "aggressive" in
changing the spelling of "Greek" letters to conform to local spellings. Does your ?plotmath page
spell the first letter in the Greek alphabet as "alfa".

Best,
Uwe Ligges

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA

'Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.'
-Gehm's Corollary to Clarke's Third Law