> However, my variable is simulated from the cumulative distribution function
> of the Poisson distribution.
Then I am afraid I don't know what you're trying to achieve.
Or why.

However, the principle holds; write a function that maps [0,1] to the 'pattern'
you want, do that and apply it to the result from randomLHS.
It happens that for generating data that follow a given probability
distribution F, that function is the quantile function for F so you often do
not need to write it.