Please provide a reproducible example of the problem, with sample data.

Notes:
1) The Posting Guide points out that this is a plain text mailing list, but
does not emphasize how damaged your sent email may be if you fail to set your
email program to plain text mode.
2) Technically, 3.4.3 is not the current version of R... the PG asks you to
verify your questions using the current version before posting.