Hello,

Inline.

Às 09:00 de 26/08/20, PIKAL Petr escreveu:
Hi

IS is data frame so it is not numeric.

try str(IS) to see structure of your data.
maybe just

mat.IS <- as.matrix(IS)

gives you desired result, but it depends on (undisclosed) IS structure

BTW, do not use html formatting, it is useless in this list

BTW2, you should spend at least few minutes to read basic docs, kindly
offered by R-core in doc directory, especially R-intro which gives you quick
info about objects and their properties.

BTW3, your read.table is lacking header and sep and maybe dec specification
so I doubt it reads your data properly.

Since the file is a csv file (or at least its extension is) read.csv should solve those issues.

To the OP: read.csv is a way to call read.table but deliberately made inflexible. It sets some arguments to values other than their defaults, including

header = TRUE
sep = ","
fill = TRUE

The default dec = "," is the same. If you are reading files coming from countries like mine where the decimal separator is a comma read.csv2 sets the values sep = ";" and dec = ",".

Read help("read.csv"), the difference from read.table is well explained.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Cheers
Petr