On 23/02/2023 6:09 a.m., Achim Zeileis wrote:
Duncan,

thanks for your feedback. I just received your response after sending out
mine. You came to the same conclusion. Should I prepare a patch and send
it to you so that you can also have a look? Or view Bugzilla?

Copying Sigbert's message to Bugzilla is a good idea so it can be referred to from the NEWS entry. If you want to submit a patch along with it, let me know and I'll take a look at it.

Duncan